Doing Our Part for the Ocean
As one of our five company values, ocean preservation is always on our minds. We want you to know that we are doing all we can as a business to prevent and clean-up plastic in the ocean.
Here's how we are doing it:
- 1. We are actively creating products to decrease waste in the ocean. Our StowBuddy gear mounts (in the works) will keep your stuff secured to your craft, even in a huli!
- 2. We are actively choosing recycled and recyclable materials for manufacturing our products, wherever possible. We are currently producing our X-celinator product completely with recycled HDPE. No virgin plastics! We are also aiming for a majority of recycled rPET fabrics for our apparel line by 2023.
- 3. We are minimizing packaging in general. We value the health of our planet over fancy packaging that will go directly to landfill. This also means moving to biodegradable, reusable, recycled, and recyclable materials when we do need packaging.
- 4. We donate 1% of our gross annual receipts to 5 Gyres through 1% for the Planet. This helps them to do the great work they do to eliminate plastics in our oceans and our planet.
- 5. We organize and participate each and every month in local clean-ups on Maui, as well as do our own small cleanups every day when we go out on the water. #doyourpart #malamamauinui
- 6. We partner with like-minded companies and spread the word about ocean clean-up non-profits, such as Parley for the Oceans.
We hope you will join us by taking your own pledge to help save our oceans and our planet. If you'd like to join us on our local clean-up efforts, please send us a message on our contact page and we will add you to the contact list!
Mahalo nui loa and #remindtheoceanwhoyouare.